Sunday, August 8, 2010

Waiting...

Well, for the past couple of weeks, I've just been waiting on the baby to decide she's ready to come into this world. And, I've been about to lose my mind. Today, I found out that they'll induce me tomorrow morning, which has really got me thinking and a little nervous. Something that has never seemed all that real to me (despite the enormous belly) is suddenly very real. Today, I'm just another 30 year old career woman with all your typical worries and stresses in life, but tomorrow, I'll be someone's mother. So much responsibility, and it makes all the other responsibilities seem so unimportant.

I can't wait to meet my little girl and make certain that she's healthy. We elected not to do the genetic testing, which I still think was the right decision. But, on the eve of her birth, I'm anxious to see that she's healthy. I'm already weepy, so I'm also a little anxious about this whole post-partum thing. Hopefully, I won't have the baby blues too badly.

It's been a long time since I've stepped into the unknown, and I'm not sure anything in my life has ever been more unknown than this. Will I be able to balance motherhood and work? Will I still have enough time with my dogs so that they don't feel neglected? Will I still be able to do fun things occasionally? So many things that I'm unsure about, but I'm very excited to find out.

I can't wait to meet my baby and start my new life...it's unlikely that I'll get much sleep tonight. Tomorrow feels like the first day of school. So, here goes nothing...

1 comment:

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

Congrats! I hope everything went well!