Monday, May 4, 2009

A Life I Could Get Used To

This past weekend, we made the short trip down to Lake Blackshear to dog/house sit for my Mom and my stepdad. Now, house sitting for some people might be a drag, but for people who live on the Lake and leave the cooler full and the boat gassed up, NO PROBLEM! We headed down on Friday after work with our two dogs and Munson (our current tenant). We arrived on Friday evening just in time for a short boat ride and some fishing. It was a great way to unwind after a hard work week.

The purpose for our visit was to dogsit for Daisy (chocolate lab), Molly (maltipoo), and Amos (golden retriever). Amos is an outside dog who rides on the truck with my stepdad. He’s an awesome dog, and a miracle I might add. He is 17 years old and going strong. Molly and Daisy are inside dogs, so we had five dogs to keep track of in the house this weekend! I think I got a glimpse of what it’s like to have a lot of small children. If it’s anything like this weekend, you’re doing constant head counts…one, two, three, four, where’s number five??? “Joe, where’s Molly?” “Joe, is Daisy over there?” “Joe, have you seen Charlie?” We made it through the weekend without anyone getting hurt or lost, so I consider that an accomplishment!

Saturday morning, we got up and went to the golf course to play 9 holes together. We had a very enjoyable time on a beautiful morning. The only bump in the road was the snake that Joe ran over with the golf cart. He didn’t see it, but don’t you worry…snakes DO NOT get past these eyes. Unfortunately, I couldn’t tell him in time, so we ran over the dirty little fellow. No worries, he wasn’t harmed, just startled. (As much as I hate snakes, it still makes me sad to think that I could hurt one.) I ended up pretty well in Joe’s lap. And, his comment was “Wow, you really are afraid of them.” like I’ve been making it up all this time…I’m no damsel in distress. I don’t have time to play those games. Oh, and of course, “It was just a rat snake.” They always are, honey :)

I finally recovered from the snake incident about the time we arrived back at the lake and were greeted with a thunderstorm. Luckily, we aren’t the type to let a little rain get in the way of a good time. So, when the rain died down, we loaded up the boat and headed out for a three hour tour, a three hour tour. Ok, so it was actually more like an hour and a half, but we had a fabulous time. After about thirty minutes on the water, the clouds cleared out and made way for a beautiful afternoon. What a great weekend…if anyone has a beach house and needs a dogsitter, please keep me in mind because I could get used to this! I’ve included some pictures from the weekend below.
Champ and Mom
Molly the Navigator
Boat rides are old hat to Daisy
So much better than a car ride :)
The fearless captain.

No comments: